GRAMMY Nominee "Americana/Cajun/Zydeco category"
"Joyful, exotic... a la the bluesy moans of Janis Joplin..." - Los Angeles Times
The most joyful Americana/Cajun/Zydeco act on tour today!
This GRAMMY Nominated fiddler, dancer, vocalist, and songwriter
serves up heart-moving Louisiana Bayou rhythms,
traditional stylings and original songs speaking to all ages.
Bringing modern Roots music to a wide audience
reaches far beyond solely traditional genre.
Prepare to catch "Zydecosis!"
o Our newest 8th album, “Joy Ride” getting radio airplay in the US & Europe.
o Three times on Billboard World Chart with albums "Joy Ride," "Absolutely Live!"
and GRAMMY Nominated "King Cake."
o Featured on CNN International “Inside Africa” for our 2014 tour in Seychelles, Africa
o National touring act representing Zydeco for:
- US Arts Program
- GRAMMY Museum Concert Series
- Hollywood Bowl Summersounds Concert Series
- Sir George Martin (Beatles producer) film "Rhythm of Life,"
- and events worldwide.
o One of Lisa’s music videos featured on AOL.com, ESPN, FoxNews and YouTube
(almost 650,000 hits so far!)
o Pollstar Box Office sellouts - US and European dates
o Celebrating almost 20 years as a band!
o New song "More Than Anything" available for free use to
Non-profits that help American Veterans + Servicemembers.
o Touring in over 20 countries -
Festival, Performing Arts, and Educational Shows -
World, Folk, Jazz, R&B, Blues, Country, Bluegrass, Rock, Pop, Cajun/Zydeco Festivals;
Fine Arts Centers, Family Entertainment, Film Industry & Corporate events
The Zydekats are:
o Lisa Haley - violin and vocals
(Keb'Mo', Brian Setzer, American Idol, Randy Newman, Lyle Lovett, John Hiatt, Taj Mahal, Dave Coz, Queen Ida, Joe Simien, Rockin' Sydney)
o David Fraser - accordion, harmonica, keyboards and vocals
(Disneyland/Films such as Beverly Hills Cop)
o Andy Anders - bass and vocals
(Joe Simien, Joe Daly, Platters)
o Cam Tyler, drums, rubboard and percussion
(Sky Ferreira, Nickelodeon, Will Champlin and Chris Mann (The Voice) Jami Belushi)
LISA HALEY RESUME
- Brian Setzer Orchestra ("Americano" on "Vavoom", Interscope);
- John Hiatt ("Walk On", Capitol);
- Dave Coz ("December Makes Me Feel This Way", House of Blues);
- Toad the Wet Sprocket ("Pale", Columbia);
- John Barry (Capitol);
- Disney ("We're Gonna Take You All the Way" from "The Princess & the Frog" live show soundtrack, Capitol);
- Jonathan Winters ("A Very Special Time");
- Dramarama ("Vinyl", Chameleon/Elektra);
- Davie Allan & the Arrows ("Fuzz for the Holidays", Wicked Cool);
- Peter Himmelman ("Flown this Acid World")
- Rashawn Patterson ("Rashawn Patterson", LaFace)
- Paul Horn ("Traveler", Global Pacific);
- Mark Spiro ("Care of My Soul", Sony);
- Queen Ida ("Newport Folk Fest Live"); etc.
MOTION PICTURE - ON CAMERA:
- "The Beverly Hillbillies Movie", as redhaired fiddler Hortense Clampett (20th Century Fox);
- "The Thing Called Love" (w/River Phoenix) as Cajun Fiddler (Paramount);
- "Get to the Heart: The Barbara Mandell Story", as Barbara's fiddle player (CBS-TV movie);
- "Man in the Moon" Carnegie Hall orchestra, with Jim Carey (Universal);
- "Red Dragon" (Hannibal II) orchestra w/Sir Anthony Hopkins (Universal).
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall" (Jason Segel, dir Nick Stoller - Universal) Ghoul Band violinist.
MOTION PICTURE - ON SOUNDTRACK:
- "The Waterboy" -solo violin (Adam Sandler/Hollywood Pictures);
- "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind" (Russell Crowe, Julia Roberts);
- "Where the Red Fern Grows" (Kris Kristofferson);
- "Mr. Atlas" 2 original tunes (HBO; Showtime);
- "The Thing Called Love" (River Phoenix, Paramount);
- "The Muppet Movie";
- "The Warden" (James Cohn, David Carradine, Viacom);
- "National Lampoon's Seven Deadly Sins";
- "Once Upon A Time: Rapunzel" (HBO);
- "The Grave";
- "Delta Heat";
- "The Bridge".
TELEVISION - ON CAMERA:
- "Las Vegas" (NBC), performing an original song and with Little Richard;
- "The Tonight Show", guest musician with Randy Newman and Lyle Lovett;
- "The Rhythm of Life", (Beatles producer) Sir George Martin film, performance on BBC and Arts & Entertainment;
- "CD Highway", performance on 200 PBS and 70 foreign stations;
- "House" (Fox TV)
- "Firefly" (Fox TV) (Vondie Curtis-Hall director);
- "Home & Family Show" performance and interview on the Family Channel;
- Gloria Estefan Olympics video, "Puedes Llagar";
- Dolly Parton video, "When I Fall In Love"; Kenny G video;
- Music director on Emmy-winning "The Late Mr. Pete Show" (KTLA), performing with Steve Allen, Susan Anton, Martin Mull and Sam Kinnison);
TELEVISION - ON SOUNDTRACK:
- "The New Addams Family";
- "Mystic Knights";
- "Northern Exposure";
- "Texas Rangers";
- "Shanniah Twain Story".
- GRAMMY Nominee, "Best Zydeco or Cajun Music Album" for CD "King Cake"
- "Excellence in Zydeco and Cajun Music Award," St Landry Parish, Louisiana
- Bay Area Blues Society "Zydeco Band of the Year"
- Country Music Assn "Fiddler of the Year" Western division
- Honorary Mayor, San Jacinto, CA
MEMBERSHIPS AND ENDORSEMENTS
- NARAS - Recording Academy - GRAMMYs;
- Freelance Musicians Assn (FMA);
- MADD (Musicians Against Drunk Driving)
- L.A. Cultural Affairs Jazz Mentorship Program.
Barcus Berry, David Gage Pickups, Fender/SWR, Yamaha, Peavey, Korg,
Thomastik, JBL, Shure, Hohner, QSC, DW, Zildjian, ProCo, ProTec, RAAD.
Lisa was the protégé of master Cajun/Creole accordionist Joe Simien.
LINES & REVIEWS Back to top of page
"Lisa has the Spirit in her, big time... Her music just plain grabs you and takes you over!"
- Keb'Mo', multi-Grammy winner, co-producer of Lisa's album "Talking to the Sun"
"...a Pop approach to Louisiana's sound... one-of-a-kind cornbread voice...
a la the bluesy moans of Janis Joplin..." - Michael Lucas, Los Angeles Times
"...enormous fun... makes people want to get up and enjoy!"
- Sir George Martin (Beatles' producer)
BBC documentary "The Rhythm of Life"
A world-class show - all the way to the top! We need more like Lisa Haley!
- John Ertl, Bastille Days Fest, Milwaukee, WI
"The "Mick Jagger" of Zydeco - Swamp-Rock ala Bonnie Raitt and Lucinda Williams"
Jake Bacon, KUCI Radio
The Evangelist of Zydeco... she and her band melt Finnish hearts..."
Satakunnan Kansa, review, Pori Jazz Fest, Finland
Lisa Haley is a virtual volcanic explosion... a frenzy of 'Zydecosis!"
Bliss, cover article for Gig Magazine
...left the audience with their mouths open... This group brings the stage to life!"
Gary Hayman, the Zyde-Zine
...Sparkling CD...forget all your worries in an instant! A thrilling groove!"
Marc Nolis, Rootstown Music Magazine, Belgium,
review of Lisa's album "Waiting for the Sky"
... leads the attack on her coveted blue fiddle… guided by something in the Cosmos. Progressive West Coast Louisiana music… mainstream and radio friendly… potential to chart on Christian radio." - Dan Willging, Dirty Linen Magazine
review of Lisa's album "Talking to the Sun"
"…claims her place alongside the women of American Roots Music"
"…captures the excitement and energy of one of Zydeco's foremost West Coast artists."
- Paule Pachter, ZydecoRoad.com, review of Lisa's album, "All the Way Live!"
"…marries the blues, country, zydeco, contemporary gospel… in the spirit of Rosanne Cash or the Indigo Girls…poised to break out on the roots-music market"
- Todd Jenkins, All About Jazz
".... Such energy that the rosin was floating off her bow like snow."
- Pa Scenen, Lund, Sweden concert review
"...leavened with Louisiana spice... a ball of fire!"
- Manchester Evening News, UK
"Mighty fine Zydeco!" - "Smilin' Jim" Davis, former Governor of Louisiana and composer of "You Are My Sunshine"
- and the ultimate complement: "That girl plays as good as a man!"
- Clifton Chenier, "The King of Zydeco".
FESTIVAL HIGHLIGHTS BY GENRE Back to top of page
Selected from many thousands of successful performances
(plus Cajun/Zydeco Festivals worldwide)
FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT, FILM INDUSTRY & CORPORATE EVENTS
Contractors for: Disneyland, Universal, Knotts, Hollywood Bowl Summersounds, Warner, Paramount, Fox, Sony.
Film parties: Ron Howard, Harold Ramos, Will Smith, ER, Patrick Swayze, The Howling
Corporate: WTO, Pepsi, Xerox, IBM, Arco, Chevron, Epson, Citibank, Amgen, World Cup, NFL, Jazzercize, Wolfgang Puck, Bloomingdales, Macys, LA Gear, Steve Wynn, So Pacific Railroad, Queen Mary, Major League Baseball Fanfest.
Non-profits: Getty Museum, Special Olympics, Gene Autry Museum, L.A. Zoo, Sedgewick Zoo, La Brea Tar Pits,
Leukemia Foundation, Easter Seals, Muscular Distrophy Assn, Pediatric Aids Society
FINE ARTS CENTERS
Los Angeles Music Center - Dorothy Chandler Pavilion (USA)
Hollywood Bowl Summersounds (USA)
Warner Cultural Center (USA)
The Met (UK)
Habach Kultural Obermuhle Center (Germany)
Harrison Performing Arts Center (Canada)
Levitt Pavilion (USA)
Wilshire Center (USA)
Grass Valley Center for the Arts (USA)
WORLD / FOLK FESTIVALS
Bastille Day Fest - headlining (USA)
Rainforest World Fest (Borneo)
Belladrum Tartan Heart Fest (Scotland)
Northern Rockies Folk Fest headlining (USA)
EuroDisney - 4th of July Celebration - headlining (France)
Live Celebration Fest (Japan)
Vancouver Island Folk Fest (Canada)
Blissfest headlining (USA)
Cazorla Fest headlining (Spain)
Maine Lobster Fest - headlining (USA)
International Folk Festival - headlining (Spain/Basque)
Stan Rogers Folk Fest (Nova Scotia, Canada)
Falcon Ridge Folk Fest (USA)
Pori Jazz Fest - artists in residence (Finland)
Santa Barbara International Jazz Fest - headlining (USA)
Rapporswil Jazz ‘n’ Blues Fest (Switzerland)
Idyllwild Jazz In The Pines
Kempten Jazz Fest / Jazzfrühling headlining (Germany)
Indian Wells/Palm Springs Jazz Fest headlining (USA)
Arrowhead Jazz Fest - headlining (USA)
Glendale Jazz Fest (USA)
R&B / BLUES FESTIVALS
Belgium Rhythm & Blues Fest (Belgium)
New Orleans MusicFest headlining (Germany)
Doheny Blues Fest (USA)
Festas da Praia Blues Fest - headlining (Azores/Portugal)
Monterey Bay Blues Fest (USA)
Aalborg Blues Fest - headlining (Denmark)
Bluesapalooza Fest headlining (USA)
BluesFest Ingolstadt (Germany)
ROCK / POP FESTIVALS
Los Angeles Millennium Celebration 2000 - headlining (USA)
Universal Citywalk Fest headlining (USA)
Skagen Fest (Denmark)
World Next Door Fest - (Canada)
Tuno Island Fest (Denmark)
LMNOP Fest, Louisiana (USA)
COUNTRY / BLUEGRASS FESTIVALS
Louisiana Hayride (USA)
Country Rendez-Vous Festival headlining (France)
Huck Finn Fest (USA)
Fiddlers Frolics Fest (Texas, USA)
Salzburg Country Fest (Austria)
Calico Days (USA)
"ZYDECO FOR KIDS" and -
MENTORSHIP & ARTIST IN RESIDENCE PROGRAMS FOR YOUNG PEOPLE
Full curriculum addressing Louisiana Music and Culture, K-12
Los Angeles Jazz Mentorship Program - Artist
The Buckley School - Artist in Residence
Cajun/Zydeco arrangments for young orchestras
Blue Mountain School District
Our happy, upbeat, versatile music fits easily into diverse themes and musical settings.
Back to top of page